[复制链接]

主题

帖子

8万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-6-10 15:13:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
场景介绍:下面这段剪辑来自《绝望的主妇》第一季第11集。Rex在情妇家羞羞的时候突发心脏病入院,Bree因此知道了Rex出轨的事情。Bree对丈夫Rex恨之入骨,但无奈在两个孩子的威胁下只能将Rex接回家中照顾。这段对话发生在Rex刚回到家中不久,Bree给Rex送来精心准备的一个餐盘。快来跟欧文一起刷一刷里面地道的英语表达吧!

以下为《绝望主妇》S01E13场景一英文字幕剪辑:

以下为《绝望主妇》S01E13场景一中英对照脚本:

Rex: Just so you know, I really am grateful for everything you're doing for me. 只是想让你知道,我很感激你为我做的一切。

Bree:Oh, I don't need your gratitude. You're only here because your children are master extortionists. 哦,我不需要你的感激。你在这里的唯一原因,是你的孩子们都是一流的勒索者。

Rex: So you didn't tell them about... 所以你没告诉他们…

Bree:Your adultery? No. I decided to keep that little gem all to myself. 你的出轨行为?不,我决定把这块「宝石」留给自己。

Rex: Listen, I know this is a real imposition. 听着,我知道这是很不合理的要求。

Bree:Yes, it is. The doctor said you could be here for weeks. 是的,这是医生说你可能要在这儿呆好几个礼拜。

Rex: Would it make you feel any better if I told you I'm sorry for what I did? 这会不会让你觉得好过些,如果我告诉你我对所做的事情很抱歉?
Bree:Yes it would...if I still felt anything for you. But as it stands, the place you used to occupy in my heart is very much empty now. 是的,那会。如果我对你还有任何感觉的话。但事实是,你过去在我心里占据的位置现在已经差不多空了。

Rex: You must still feel something for me. 你肯定对我还有感觉。

Bree: And why do you think that? 你为什么那么想?

Rex: Oh come on, Bree, look at this. You're using the good china, freshly pressed napkins, flowers from the garden. This tray was prepared with loving care. 哦,拜托。 Bree,看看这一切。你用了上好的瓷器, 刚刚压过的餐巾,花园里的鲜花。这个托盘是用爱心准备的。

Bree: Do me a favor, Rex. Please don't mistake my anal retentiveness for actual affection. 帮我个忙 Rex,不要把我的吹毛求疵,当作是对你的嘘寒问暖。

美剧《绝望的主妇》第一季第11集学习笔记:

Just so you know:A phrase tacked on in the beginning or to the end of a statement to imply that  the information being given is simply a courtesy, when in reality there are specific expectations of you tell someone that you have this information. (顺便告诉你,对了,跟你说一声...)

Extortionist:An extortionist is a person who commits the crime of obtaining something from someone by using force, threats or psychological pressure. ( 强求者;敲诈勒索者)

Keep sth to oneself:to keep something a secret.(保守某个秘密)

Gem:someone or something that is very good, pleasing, or useful (这里用作反语)

Feel for someone:to experience sympathy and sadness for someone because they are suffering (对某人表示同情,或赞同某人的立场)

Feel sth for sb:to have crushes, or even fall in love with someone else. (对某人有感觉)

Imposition:a situation in which someone expects another person to do something that they do not want to do or that is not convenient(本末倒置)

As it stands:At this time; as it is now. (就目前来看)

Anal retentiveness:Caring too much about small details and about how things are organized. (挑剔枝节的、专注小事的,在这里可引申为:不要把我的吹毛求疵,当作是对你的嘘寒问暖)

Watch out for sb:Be careful, aware of someone or something that may cause one harm or distress.(当心、留意某人)

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

8万

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2019-6-10 15:53:51 | 显示全部楼层

场景二:Andrew撞见Bree与药剂师约会并质问

BreeThank you, George. That was a lovely evening.  谢谢你 乔治 今晚我过得很开心

GeorgeThe pleasure was mine. There's nothing better than greatconversation with a beautiful woman over a deliciousmeal.  荣幸之至,没什么比与一位美丽的女士共进晚餐并相谈甚欢更美好的了

BreeWell, I guess I should go inside.  我得进去了

GeorgeI'm glad we did this.  我真的很高兴

BreeMe too. --Andrew. Where did you come from? 我也是--安德鲁 你怎么在这里?

AndrewI was just on my way back from Brian'shouse. What's going on here? 我刚从布莱恩家回来,这是什么情况?

BreeOh, uh…you remember Mr. Williams, our pharmacist? 还记得我们的药剂师 威廉姆斯先生吗?

AndrewHey there. - How's it going? What are you doing in his car? 嘿,你好,最近怎么样?你们在车里干吗呢?

BreeWe're just, um... talking. --Mr. Williams took me out to dinner.  我们只不过在……聊天,我和威廉姆斯先生出去吃了顿饭

AndrewYou mean like on a date?  你是说约会吗?

BreeWell, uh…yes. 算是吧

AndrewYou are aware that she's married, right?  你知道她已经结婚了吧?

BreeAndrew, your father and I are separated, you know it.  安德鲁,你知道我和你爸爸已经分开了

AndrewI don't care. Couldn't you wait until hewas out of the house?  我不管 你就不能等到他搬走吗?

BreeThe only reason he's still in the house is because you insisted I care for him. 他留在这里的唯一原因,是你坚持让我照顾他

AndrewSo, so what? What you guys gonna do now? Are…are you two gonna have sex?  那......那又怎样?你们俩接下来有什么打算,是不是还要做爱?

BreeNo, we are not going to have sex!  不, 我们没这打算!

AndrewWhy not? 为什么不呢?

BreeBecause I don't commit adultery like yourfather! That's right, your father had anaffair. I found out about it. I'm just trying to move on with mylife. 因为我不会跟你父亲一样通奸,没错 我发现你父亲有外遇,我现在只是想要继续过我的日子

AndrewYou should watchout for her. She's a liar. 小心点 她是个骗子!

BreeAndrew... 安德鲁......
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

资深影迷

积分
发表于 2019-6-10 16:58:49 | 显示全部楼层
I just registered and wanted to say and and to be added to the Van de Kamp list (loved the name, BTW).

Of course, Bree is my favourite character on the show (and I think the best character on TV in a long time. And I think Marcia maker her justice. I can't think of anyone who could play Bree better than her).

I like the other characters too, but I don't think the show would be as much fun or interesting without her. Thank you so much! Marcia is so sweet, I loved her in those interviews! Really great!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初级影迷

积分
发表于 2019-6-10 17:07:03 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 murmur 于 2019-6-10 17:30 编辑

I loved Bree and Rex in this episode! I loved Bree's reaction when Rex told her he liked being dominated! It was really funny! Oh, and the Look on her face when she says Palestine? I really loved it!

But wasn't Bree the one who was in control over everything in the house? Rex said it at the Golf Course when Bree was interrupting him. Rex: "I don't have to let you push me around anymore. … You always made decisions, and tell me I agreed." – That is the reason why frankly I don't understand him. He doesn't want to be controlled in life but he does want to be dominated by her.

I love that quote. It is from one of my favorite scenes with Rex. He was so funny in it and I laughed the whole time when I saw the scene for the first time. The way he greeted George with his hand waving, the way he talked with him and laughed about him (not with him  ), and then the grand finale when he said the famous words "You're dating my wife. Please, call me Rex." … it's a great scene
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

3万

积分

钻石VIP

积分
发表于 2019-6-10 17:46:45 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 51learn 于 2019-6-10 18:01 编辑

I'm new to the Bree fandom, She is, of course my favourite character, probably the best actresses amongst the entire cast of Desperate Housewives. She plays a character who is very very classy, a great cook, a perfectionist with a highly pedantic attitude, excellent work ethic, almost an OCD-type behaviour and always the one to keep her emotions in check.

The amount of mental fortitude she displays is stupefying, be it when her son runs over an old woman and kills her, or when she hides her daughter's pregnancy, or when she discovers a murder and helps to hide the body or when she shoots perfect tens at a shooting range!

I've always loved DH, but it took me a couple of episodes to purely get the grasp of her wittiness. I abousutely adore her now and she quickly became on the top of my list for the favorite wives. My favorite scene is when she threw Andrew's urine on Rex on the golf course. That was priceless.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 11:57 , Processed in 0.072441 second(s), 35 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表