[复制链接]

主题

帖子

152万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-11-30 19:48:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
It allstarted with an enchanted serendipity. I simply watched one episode ofDesperate Housewives right after the 2008 Summer Olympics was held in Beijing-- I guess, after finished binge-watching Prison Break, I just wanted a changeof pace.

I didn'tmean to spend 18 months glued to the screen watching a soap opera loved mostlyby members of the opposite sex. Then again, I couldn't have imagined thatDesperate Housewives was so intriguing and interesting! -- Illicit affairs,literary narratives, business scenarios, murders, scheming and dark secrets --and it all wrapped up as a comedy. Awesome!

I'm onehundred percent positive that DH is the most incredible TV-show forIntermediate English learners which I've ever encounted throughout more than 15years practicing Visual/audio English learning. Below are some of the keyelements that I believe would infuse more or less excitement along the way ofour learning journey:

u  Main actors all speak standard American English and have a precise tone
u  The TV Drama is designed to appeal to the majority of people,especially Middle-class and white-collar families.
u  Each episode contains sufficient daily conversation dialogues inregard to different occasions.
u  The Narrator explains some deep understanding of life philosophy ineach episode which are very inspirational to us to form a sophisticatedsentence.
u  Each actor/actress has a distinctive life-style that enables us tosee different forms of living standard and personal character.
u  Storylines are correspondingly separated and scripts of each episodeare well-designed, not so difficult for us to understand, especially thecreative director Marc Cherry is a very talented writer.

Thescripts were sorted out by editors of jtenglish.cn in association with thefollowing members who were contributed a lot during the process of adding upthe cast name of each episode, they are:
Lynn, Sherry,Leon,李笑甜, Jane, Fannie,徐超越,七月,小碧,阿梁,莎萌Sway,jo, PPE_兔子君,Tracy,Jesscia,虾米,Gordon. Thanks to all of their tremendous efforts, we could finallyhave this copy printed out.

I’d liketo take this opportunity to extend my sincere gratitude to those who’reinvolved in this project, and also my very warm wishes to all the iron fans ofDesperate Housewives who’re on their way of pursuiting English profiency!  

Owen Lee
2020/10/28

Preface.docx

15.5 KB, 下载次数: 5

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 09:32 , Processed in 0.071540 second(s), 33 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表