带着问题看剪辑,请思考以下五个知识点:
1、请解释Doug开价的薪酬中涉及到的“ad-buy”是指什么?
2、请找出“负担不起”对应的短语表达
3、请找出“九牛一毛”对应的短语表达
4、请找出“引狼入室”对应的短语表达
5、请用常见商务短语“In terms of”的造句
看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判:片段剪辑
看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判:双语脚本
Doug:What are you thinking in terms of salary? 关于工资你有什么想法
Cynthia:Twenty-two thousand per quarter. 每季度两万二
Doug:That's way below what I'm worth. Even in this state. 就算我这样 也不只值这个价
Dunbar:What do you think's appropriate? 你觉得多少合适
Doug:Two-fifty and three points on the ad-buy. 两万五加上3%的广告投入
Cynthia:That's beyond our means. - No, it'snot. --我们负担不起 --不 你们担得起
Doug:It's a drop in the bucket from yourestate. 这只是你财产的九牛一毛
Dunbar:You said you wanted in because you believed in this campaign. 你说你想参加是因为你对这次竞选有信心
Doug:That's right. --没错
Dunbar:Sounds like it's more about money. --现在看来你是为了钱
Doug:It's about being valued. Two-fifty and the points is a bargain. 我希望被重视 两万五和少量广告投入并不多
------>> I want to work for you, justnot as a beggar. 我想为你工作 而不是向你乞讨
Dunbar:We don't trust you yet, Doug. 我们还不信任你 道格
------>> We don't even halfway trustyou, so you are a beggar. 可以说根本不信任你 所以你就是在乞讨
Doug:And you shouldn't trust me... until I prove myself. 我还没证明自己 你也应该不信任我
------>> That's a gamble you don'tget to take 你不拿出筹码
------>> without putting chips on thetable. 就不能冒这个险
Dunbar:Cynthia and I will discuss. 我会和辛西娅谈的
Doug:Thank you for your time. 感谢你抽空
Cynthia:Let me check first. 我先看下外面
------>> Okay, it's clear. 行 很安全
Dunbar:What do you think? --你怎么看
Cynthia:Why take the gamble? --为什么要冒险
Dunbar:I don't want us to start making decisions 我不想一开始决策
------>> from a position of weakness.That is how you lose. 就处于劣势 只会过亏
Cynthia:I think we're inviting the fox into the henhouse. 我觉得这是引狼入室
Dunbar:Anyone who wants to be a mole 要是间谍会
------>> accepts the first offerwithout question. 毫不犹豫地接受条件
------>> He's negotiating. 他却讨价还价
Cynthia:So you actually believe him? 所以你相信他了
Dunbar:Not necessarily. 半信半疑
------>> But that doesn't mean thathe doesn't have value. 但这不代表他没有价值