[复制链接]

主题

帖子

12万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-3-14 21:47:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
电影《反托拉斯行动》是一部描写商业垄断与程序员创业的电影,该片通片都是宝,非常适合商务英语学习,该片是哈佛和斯坦福商学院学生必看的20部电影之一。记得当时备考BEC商务英语高级的时候认真看过,从中学到不少东西——明白了软件园应该是什么样子、垄断法、风险投资等等,还看到了外国大公司的超级福利,真是够眼羡的!

以上是《反托拉斯行动》中科技巨头NURV公司老板Winsten与斯坦福天才程序员Milo初次见面的片断剪辑,该场景涉及到一些比较专业的商务表达和实用短语及词汇(已在脚本处用绿色做了标记),希望对大家的商务英语学习有所帮助:

banner04.jpg

Winsten:Milo
------>>Not every day we have a genius in the house. -- Want a soda pop or something?
Milo:No, thanks.
------>>Come on in. --Digital canvas. (数字画布)

Digital-Canvas.gif

------>>The house knows the paintings I like. It knows my favorite music.
------>>Same for anybody else that's in the system.
------>>There's a little sensor that detects who's in the room.
Milo:Doesn't Bill Gates have something like that?
Winsten:Bill who? --No, no, no. His is primitive.
------>>I understand you're thinking of doing a start-up.
Milo:Yeah, --My friends and I have been planning on doing a media-delivery system for a long time.
------>>It'd be open source, We'd offer it free to everybody. Just charge for tech support.
Winsten:Wow. Free. Whew. --This is a cut-throat business we're in, Milo.
------>>It's just a matter of time before someone borrows your technology improves it, and makes  a billion dollars on it.
------>>What would you do with a billion dollars, Milo?
Milo:I don't know.
Winsten:I'll tell you what you could do. --You could take that money, put it back into technology...education, the arts.
------>>You can transform culture. --orchestras, museums, theaters. I fund an opera company,symphony
------>>I have donated thousands of computers to schools throughout the country.
------>>The question really is...--How many of the people that you share your discoveries with...will be altruistic...
------>>and how many will make fortunes off of your generosity?

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-27 12:56 , Processed in 0.061031 second(s), 31 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表