[复制链接]

主题

帖子

3万

积分

钻石VIP

积分
发表于 2019-10-9 11:39:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
达雷尔·莫雷(Daryl Morey),NBA休斯敦火箭队总经理,于美国时间2019年10月4日晚,在推特(Twitter)发了一条含不当言论的动态,之后引起轩然大波,在网络上广泛讨论。来看看莫雷的雷言雷语原文。

5df6c0c90d72a561f6559e3d89193563.jpg

“Fight for Freedom. Stand with Hong Kong.”初中生都知道他几个意思。

中国是NBA最大的海外市场,由于姚明曾是火箭队的一员,火箭队在中国的粉丝也是巨多。美国人莫雷随便评说中国HK的现状,作为体面的公众人物-总经理,不该啊。很快,ZF出来表态:
The Chinese consulate in Houston wrote in a statement on Sunday. “We are deeply shocked by the erroneous comments on Hong Kong made by Mr. Daryl Morey.We have lodged representations and expressed strong dissatisfaction with the Houston Rockets, and urged the latter to correct the error and take immediate concrete measures to eliminate the adverse impact.”

中国驻休斯敦领事馆在周日的声明中写道:“达里尔·莫雷(Daryl Morey)对香港的错误评论令我们深感震惊。我们对休斯顿火箭队作出表述并表示强烈不满,并敦促后者纠正错误并立即采取具体措施消除不利影响。

db81bc122385b2682750a458e7edb818.jpg

莫雷很快删除动态,并发两段文字做出解释说明:

f7d3acbf47d742914f8e293924cc3b84.png
1/ I did not intend my tweet to cause any offense to Rockets fans and friends of mine in China. I was merely voicing one thought, based on one interpretation, of one complicated event. I have had a lot of opportunity since that tweet to hear and consider other perspectives.

一,我无意在我的推文中对火箭的球迷和我在中国的朋友造成任何伤害。我只是基于一种解释,就一个复杂事件发表自己的想法。自那条推文以来,我获得了很多机会来聆听和考虑其他观点。

15f35b4b63130bae3c4f5d10f9afaaa2.png
2/ I have always appreciated the significant support our Chinese fans and sponsors have provided and I would hope that those who are upset will know that offending or misunderstanding them was not my intention. My tweets are my own and in no way represent the Rockets or the NBA.

二,我一直很感谢中国球迷和赞助商提供的大力支持,我希望那些心烦的人会知道冒犯或误解他们不是我的意图。我的推文是我自己的,绝不代表火箭或NBA。
但,球就是个球,国得深爱。之后中国篮协、央视体育、腾讯、淘宝、赞助商等都做出有力的回应,停止合作、暂停转播、下架商品等,很多网友也站出来表达自己的不满。

Daryl_Morey.jpg

事情严重之后,周日晚NBA官方说话了。

cf211fab5084d1bf57c9d739b3dc656b.jpg
“We recognize that the views expressed by Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey have deeply offended many of our friends and fans in China, which is regrettable. While Daryl has made it clear that his tweet does not represent the Rockets or the NBA, the values of the league support individuals’ educating themselves and sharing their views on matters important to them. We have great respect for the history and culture of China and hope that sports and the NBA can be used as a unifying force to bridge cultural divides and bring people together.”

NBA首席传播官迈克尔-巴斯今日发布以下声明:“我们认识到,休斯敦火箭总经理达里尔·莫雷(Daryl Morey)表达的观点深深地冒犯了我们在中国的许多朋友和粉丝,这令人遗憾。尽管达里尔(Daryl)已明确表示他的推文并不代表火箭或NBA,但联盟的价值观支持个人进行自我教育并就自己重要的事情分享观点。我们非常尊重中国的历史和文化,希望体育和NBA能够成为弥合文化鸿沟并将人们团结在一起的统一力量。''

NBA的表态也遭到很多所谓自由人士的不满。

接着,阿里巴巴集团董事局副主席和美国NBA布鲁克林篮网老板蔡崇信(Joe Tsai),他拥有中国、加拿大和中国香港永久性居民权,对中外都了解颇深,发了一段长公开信:

e2c78afe529c556f86f561b6754505a0.jpg

When I bought controlling interest in the Brooklyn Nets in September, I didn’t expect my first public communication with our fans would be to comment on something as politically charged and grossly misunderstood as the way hundreds of millions of Chinese NBA fans feel about what just happened.

我在9月份收购布鲁克林篮网队的时候,没有预料到我向我们的球迷发出的第一条公开声明,会是评论这件刚刚发生的事情,为什么数以亿计的中国球迷感到这件事情充满政治色彩,他们的感情受到了严重伤害。

By now you have heard that Chinese fans have reacted extremely negatively to a tweet put out by Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey in support of protests in Hong Kong.The Rockets, who by far had been the favorite team in China, are now effectively shut out of the Chinese market as fans abandon their love for the team, broadcasters refuse to air their games and Chinese corporates pull sponsorships in droves.

大家现在想必都已经知道,中国的球迷对休斯顿火箭队总经理莫雷在推特上发表的支持香港示威的言论反应非常负面。火箭队在这之前是中国最受欢迎的球队,但现在可以说被驱逐出了中国市场。球迷不再喜欢这支球队,转播商拒绝播放火箭队的比赛,中国的赞助商也大量取消他们的赞助合作。

Fans in China are calling for an explanation – if they are not getting it from the Houston Rockets, then it is natural that they ask others associated with the NBA to express a view.

中国的球迷要求有一个解释——如果火箭队拿不出解释,那么他们自然就会要求其他与NBA有关的人士来发表看法。

The NBA is a fan-first league. When hundreds of millions of fans are furious over an issue, the league, and anyone associated with the NBA, will have to pay attention. As a Governor of one of the 30 NBA teams, and a Chinese having spent a good part of my professional life in China, I need to speak up.

NBA是个球迷第一的联盟。当数以亿计的球迷对某个问题愤怒的时候,联盟及与NBA有关的人都必须高度关注。作为NBA30支球队其中一支的老板,也作为一个在中国度过了我职业生涯大部分时光的炎黄子孙,我必须发声。

What is the problem with people freely expressing their opinion? This freedom is an inherent American value and the NBA has been very progressive in allowing players and other constituents a platform to speak out on issues.The problem is, there are certain topics that are third-rail issues in certain countries, societies and community.

人们自由发表观点的问题是什么?这种自由是美国文化中天然的一部分,NBA也有很开放的价值观,允许球员和其他人士有平台就各种各样的话题发表看法。但是问题是,有的话题在有的国家、社会和群体中是雷区。

Supporting a separatist movement in a Chinese territory is one of those third-rail issues, not only for the Chinese government, but also for all citizens in China.The one thing that is terribly misunderstood, and often ignored, by the western press and those critical of China is that 1.4 billion Chinese citizens stand united when it comes to the territorial integrity of China and the country’s sovereignty over her homeland. This issue is non-negotiable.

支持中国领土上发生的分离主义运动就是一个雷区。这不仅是对中国政府如此,而且对所有中国人民也是如此。西方媒体和对中国持批判态度的人经常严重误解及忽略的一件事情,就是14亿中国人在涉及中国领土完整和国家主权的问题上,紧密地团结在一起。这个问题是没有余地讨价还价的。
A bit of historical perspective is important...

有必要了解一下历史。此处省略n多字...

By now I hope you can begin to understand why the Daryl Morey tweet is so damaging to the relationship with our fans in China. I don’t know Daryl personally. I am sure he’s a fine NBA general manager, and I will take at face value his subsequent apology that he was not as well informed as he should have been. But the hurt that this incident has caused will take a long time to repair.

希望现在大家能够理解,为什么莫雷的推特对与我们中国球迷的关系产生了如此巨大的破坏。我不认识莫雷。我想他应该是一个还不错的NBA球队总经理,对他
后来发表的道歉,说自己对问题的了解不够,我也愿意接受他字面表达的意思。但是此次事件造成的伤害需要很长时间才能弥补。

I hope to help the League to move on from this incident. I will continue to be an outspoken NBA Governor on issues that are important to China. I ask that our Chinese fans keep the faith in what the NBA and basketball can do to unite people from all over the world.Sincerely,Joe Tsai我希望联盟可以从此次事件中走出来。作为一支NBA球队的老板,我会继续在涉及中国的重要问题上发表看法,我也请我们的中国球迷继续相信NBA和篮球,相信我们团结全世界人民的力量。此致敬礼!蔡崇信

莫雷老板推文评论截图.docx

119.56 KB, 下载次数: 0

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 14:01 , Processed in 0.097855 second(s), 32 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表