[复制链接]

主题

帖子

152万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2020-3-5 01:16:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
电影《华尔街》是一部于1987年上映的关于金融商业及职场相关的电影,由20世纪福克斯公司发行,奥利弗·斯通执导,斯通和斯坦利·韦瑟共同编剧。主要演员包括迈克尔·道格拉斯、查理·西恩、达丽尔·汉纳。影片讲述了一位名叫巴德·福克斯的年轻证券经纪人不顾一切地想要成功,并下决心跟随心目中的英雄戈登·盖柯,一个有钱且不择手段的企业掠夺者的故事。

banner04.jpg

整部《华尔街》荡气回肠,几乎就是八十年代华尔街金融的浮世绘,深刻解释了什么叫资本主义,金钱和人性的复杂关系。片中最精彩的地方是Gekko在Teldar Paper股东会上的发言:

影片中的演讲和独白可以算是编剧和演员炫技的时刻。没有超凡脱俗的特技也没有激动人心的动作戏,而是全部依靠杰出的写作和出色的表演。它可以成为影片中最简单但是却最有效的部分。我们特别对这段经典的演讲做了剪辑,请大家欣赏。

Gordon: Well, ladies and gentlemen, we’re not here to indulge in fantasy, but in political and economic reality. America, America has become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market, when our country was a top industrial power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that built this great industrial empire, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, management has no stake in the company! The point is, ladies and gentleman, is that greed – for lack of a better word – is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms – greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge – has marked the upward surge of mankind. And Greed – you mark my words – will not only save Teldar Paper but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.
Wall-Street-04.jpg

这段话毫不掩饰并且正义化了自我的贪婪,足够让你讨厌他并且还保持敬畏,所谓邪恶的气场正是如此。因为贪婪,他可以苦心经营,让Teldar起死回生,也是因为贪婪,他可以肢解Bluestar。在Gekko的心中并无对错和道德,他利用商业法则和金融规则,满足了内心无底的欲望。

参考翻译:Gordon:各位女士先生,我们不是来此沈浸于幻想,而是要环顾政治和经济的现实面。美国...美国已成为次等的强权,它的贸易赤字和财政赤字仿佛是一场恶梦。想当初在那段自由市场的日子,我们还是顶尖的是工业强权,股东的持股会受到经管保护。卡内基梅隆及其后人会确保这个工业帝国的稳固,因为事关他们自己的钱。对如今的管理阶层而言,公司的好坏与他们无关。各位女士先生,重点就在于...贪婪,抱歉我找不到更好的字。贪婪是好的,贪婪是对的。贪婪是有用的。贪婪可以厘清一切,披荆斩棘直捣演化的精髓。贪婪就是一切形式之所在。对于生活要贪婪  对于爱情,对于知识,贪婪激发了人类向上的动力。贪婪,你们记住我的话,不仅能挽救泰达纸业,更能挽救机制失调的美国。

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

152万

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2020-3-5 01:19:38 | 显示全部楼层

电影《华尔街》经典台词中英文对照

banner03.jpg

Gordon Gekko: The Most  Valuable Commodity I know of is information.

戈登:最有价值的商品就是情报。

Gordon Gekko: Every battle is won before it's ever fought.  --By Sun Tzu
戈登:不战而屈人之兵  --孙子兵法

Carl Fox: If your enemy is superior, evade him, If angry, irritate him, If equally matched, fight, and if not, split, re-evaluate.   --By Sun Tzu
卡尔 福克斯:强而避之,怒而扰之,势均则战之,势若则避而观之。 --孙子兵法

Gordon Gekko: All warefare is based on deception.  --By Sun Tzu
戈登:兵者、诡道也  --孙子兵法

Gordon Gekko: When I get a hold of the son of a bitch who leaked this, I'm gonna tear his eyeballs out and I'm gonna suck his fucking skull.
戈登:抓到这个狗娘养的泄密人,我要抠出他的眼珠子,然后吸他的脑髓。

Carl Fox: Stop going for the easy buck and start producing something with your life. Create, instead of living off the buying and selling of others.
卡尔 福克斯:停止这种“轻易的跳跃”,在你的人生中开始生产点什么吧,创造,而不是买卖其他人的东西。

Gordon Gekko: The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you.

戈登:这个国家最富有的百分之一人群,拥有全国财富的一半,5万亿美元。三分之一来自努力工作;三分之一来自遗产和遗产的利息,留给了寡妇和蠢儿子;剩下就是我所从事的:股票与地产交易。胡说八道。百分之九十的美国公众几乎都没有资本净值。我什么也不创造,我们制定规则,伙计。新闻、战争、和平、饥荒、剧变、每个纸夹的价格。现在你不那么天真地认为我们生活在民主社会了吧,是吗伙计?这是自由市场,你是身处其中的一份子。你已经拥有了这种杀生本性。留下来伙计,我还会教你更多东西。

Gordon Gekko: You're walking around blind without a cane, pal. A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place.
戈登:你正在瞎转圈,伙计。首先一个傻瓜和他的钱要足够幸运才能凑到一起来。

Bud Fox: How much is enough?
Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another.
巴德:多少才够?
戈登:这不是多少才够的问题,伙计。这是个总和为零的游戏。一些人赢,一些人输。钱本身不会变多或变少,它只不过是简单地从从一个人转到另一人手里。                    

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 19:47 , Processed in 0.068876 second(s), 34 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表