帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-6-11 10:51:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
House.of.cards.jpg

场景介绍:
美剧House of cards《纸牌屋》第三季第五集中,弗兰克与邓巴都在为总统竞选预热,幕僚Doug挺而走险,决定只身前往邓巴阵营展开谈判,给自己寻求一份关键职务。邓巴团队自然清楚Doug的能力和价值,给出一份业内标准和薪酬待遇,以试探Doug的态度和反应。Doug将计就计,正儿八经、不卑不亢地针对薪酬福利与邓巴及其幕僚展开周旋。这段剪辑所使用的商务用语地道、大气,适用于高级商务英语学习者或高端营销及管理人才作为参考素材。

带着问题看剪辑,请思考以下五个知识点:

1、请解释Doug开价的薪酬中涉及到的“ad-buy”是指什么?
2、请找出负担不起对应的短语表达
3、请找出九牛一毛对应的短语表达
4、请找出引狼入室对应的短语表达
5、请用常见商务短语“In terms of”的造句

看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判:片段剪辑

看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判:双语脚本

DougWhat are you thinking in terms of salary? 关于工资你有什么想法
CynthiaTwenty-two thousand per quarter. 每季度两万二
DougThat's way below what I'm worth. Even in this state. 就算我这样 也不只值这个价
DunbarWhat do you think's appropriate? 你觉得多少合适
DougTwo-fifty and three points on the ad-buy. 两万五加上3%的广告投入
CynthiaThat's beyond our means. - No, it'snot. --我们负担不起 -- 你们担得起
DougIt's a drop in the bucket from yourestate. 这只是你财产的九牛一毛
DunbarYou said you wanted in because you believed in this campaign. 你说你想参加是因为你对这次竞选有信心
DougThat's right. --没错
DunbarSounds like it's more about money. --现在看来你是为了钱
DougIt's about being valued. Two-fifty and the points is a bargain. 我希望被重视 两万五和少量广告投入并不多
------>> I want to work for you, justnot as a beggar. 我想为你工作 而不是向你乞讨
DunbarWe don't trust you yet, Doug. 我们还不信任你 道格
------>> We don't even halfway trustyou, so you are a beggar. 可以说根本不信任你 所以你就是在乞讨
DougAnd you shouldn't trust me... until I prove myself. 我还没证明自己 你也应该不信任我
------>> That's a gamble you don'tget to take 你不拿出筹码
------>> without putting chips on thetable. 就不能冒这个险
DunbarCynthia and I will discuss. 我会和辛西娅谈的
DougThank you for your time. 感谢你抽空
CynthiaLet me check first. 我先看下外面
------>> Okay, it's clear. 很安全
DunbarWhat do you think? --你怎么看
CynthiaWhy take the gamble? --为什么要冒险
DunbarI don't want us to start making decisions 我不想一开始决策
------>> from a position of weakness.That is how you lose. 就处于劣势 只会过亏
CynthiaI think we're inviting the fox into the henhouse. 我觉得这是引狼入室
DunbarAnyone who wants to be a mole 要是间谍会
------>> accepts the first offerwithout question. 毫不犹豫地接受条件
------>> He's negotiating. 他却讨价还价
CynthiaSo you actually believe him? 所以你相信他了
DunbarNot necessarily. 半信半疑
------>> But that doesn't mean thathe doesn't have value. 但这不代表他没有价值

Remuneration-Compensation.jpg

看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判相关问题解答:

1、For a higher end operative like Doug the ad buy is important because the better Doug is at his job, the more money the candidate would receive, and the more she'd spend on advertising. For most other positions this wouldn't be a consideration and straight salary is more likely.

This remuneration package in success of the candidate as well- for a candidacy like Jackie's for example, her 'Doug' would probably want to forego a win bonus and ad buy for a (high) but straight salary, since there's not much chance of her winning and her advertising is limited before she throws support to Dunbar.

2、请找出“负担不起”对应的短语表达  That’s beyond our means.
3、请找出“九牛一毛”对应的短语表达 It is a drop in the bucket
4、请找出“引狼入室”对应的短语表达 invite the fox into the hen house
5、请用常见商务短语“In terms of”造句:  In terms of nutrition, homemade food is definitly the first choice for us.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2019-6-11 11:44:35 | 显示全部楼层

看美剧《纸牌屋》学商务英语之薪酬谈判:学习笔记

AD-Buy:What it means is that Doug gets 1% of all the money she spends on advertising e.g. She spends $5mil, he gets $50k.

Question: Why would this model of compensation be considered 'fair'? Why would a staffer's comp fluctuate based on how much is spent on advertising?

For a higher end operative like Doug the ad buy is important because the better Doug is at his job, the more money the candidate (Dunbar) would receive, and the more she'd spend on advertising.

For most other positions this wouldn't be a consideration and straight salary is more likely.

This remuneration package in success of the candidate as well- for a candidacy like Jackie's for example, her 'Doug' would probably want to forego a win bonus and ad buy for a (high) but straight salary, since there's not much chance of her winning and her advertising is limited before she throws support to Dunbar.

Beyond one's means:more than one can afford, or exceeding one's available finances.

A drop in the bucket: A very small quantity, especially one that is too small. or an effort or action having very little overall influence, especially as compared to a huge problem.

Inviting the fox into the hen house:is an idiom that is used to point out to somebody that his/her action invite disaster.

Houes of cards:Business negociation & Compensation and Welfare--In this short clip, we're going to learn:

1、How to negociate with your employer or boss in regard to Salary and remuneration package?
2、Why would an employee's compensation fluctuate based on how much is spent on advertising?

House.of.cards-S03E05.docx

15.58 KB, 下载次数: 0

售价: 6 学币  [记录]  [购买]

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

影视新人

积分
发表于 2021-9-11 09:32:14 | 显示全部楼层

这可是学习的好资料,非常感谢,辛苦了
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

影视新人

积分
发表于 2022-1-27 22:55:22 | 显示全部楼层
这里真是宝藏啊
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 18:44 , Processed in 0.062693 second(s), 35 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表