[复制链接]

主题

帖子

5万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-6-9 11:34:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Catch sb off guard:to surprise someone, esp. in a way that makes the person feel confused or uncertain. (猝不及防被抓、一不小心被逮住、猎手不及)

Caught-off-guard.jpg

英语习语俚语:"Catch sb off guard"使用场景:

This phrase may be applied to positive, negative, and neutral situations. If a man sends a dozen roses to his wife while she is at work for no apparent reason, this will likely catch her off guard. Equally, the news that someone’s close friend has been involved in a car accident might catch him off guard.

A woman’s coworker might catch her off guard by accidentally sending her an email in which he talks badly about another employee. Although the email has been wrongly addressed to her and has nothing to do with her, it will still catch her off guard because she was not expecting it.

英语习语俚语:"Catch sb off guard"情景会话:

George:I finally get the chance and I end up blowing off a toe. 而当我终于得此良机,结果却赔掉了个脚趾头
------>> I'mnot surprised. This type of thing always happens to me. 完全意料之中  我总是碰上这种事
------>> AndI... I know I will get over it. 我知道我能熬过去
------>> Butthe thing that I don't think I'll ever get over 可我熬不过去的是
------>> isthat when I did kiss you, you pulled away from me. 为什么我亲你的时候  你推开了我
------>> Whydid you do that, Bree? 你为什么那么做 布里
Bree:I was just caught off-guard. 我只是有点措手不及
George:Butwe're dating. 可我们在约会啊
------>> Whywould it be so surprising I would try to kiss you? 我想亲你一下有那么意外吗
Bree:I'm still married to Rex. 我还没和雷克斯离婚
------>> We'renot even legally separated yet. 法律上我们还没真正分开
George:Hecheated on you. You said you were gonna hate him for ever. 他欺骗了你,你说你要恨他一辈子的
Bree:Youshouldn't listen to a woman who's just had her heart broken. We tend to lie. 永远不要轻信一个心刚碎的女人,我们会撒谎
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 22:29 , Processed in 0.125952 second(s), 33 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表