影视英语角

标题: 看电影《国王的演讲》学英语地道表达 [打印本页]

作者: owenlee    时间: 2025-5-4 01:53
标题: 看电影《国王的演讲》学英语地道表达
影视导读:由汤姆·霍珀执导的《国王的演讲》(The King's Speech)集结顶级卡司:奥斯卡影帝科林·费尔斯饰演口吃国王乔治六世,杰弗里·拉什化身“野路子”语言治疗师莱纳尔·罗格,海伦娜·伯翰·卡特则演绎睿智幽默的伊丽莎白王后。影片于2010年上映,横扫第83届奥斯卡最佳影片、最佳导演等四项大奖。

(, 下载次数: 72)

场景介绍:以下内容摘录自《国王的演讲》第9分钟至第11分钟,其中对话发生在Dr. Logue的家里,Queen Elizabeth扮演成"Mrs.Johnson"打算邀请Dr. Logue上门诊疗其丈夫乔治六世的口吃病,遭到拒绝后,不得不亮明身份。以下为国王的演讲精彩片断赏析及脚本中英文对照:


Queen Elizabeth: Hello? - Is anyone there? 你好?有人在吗?
Lionel Logue: I'm just in the loo. Ah, Mrs. Johnson, there you are. 我在洗手间。啊,约翰逊太太,您来了。
------>>I'm sorry, I don't have a receptionist. I like to keep things simple. 抱歉,我没有接待员,我喜欢一切从简。
------>>"Poor and content is rich and rich enough." “安贫乐道才是真正的富足。”
Queen Elizabeth: I'm sorry? 什么?
Lionel Logue: Shakespeare. How are you? 莎士比亚的台词。您还好吗?
Queen Elizabeth: How do you do? 您好。
Lionel Logue: Oh, chuffing along. 哦,还能混着过。
------>> Um, now, this is slightly awkward, but I'm afraid you're late. 呃,有点尴尬,您迟到了。
Queen Elizabeth: Yes. I'm afraid I am. 是的,我承认迟到了。
Lionel Logue: Where's Mr. Johnson? 约翰逊先生呢?
Queen Elizabeth: Ah... He doesn't know I'm here. 啊……他不知道我来这儿。
Lionel Logue: Well, that's not a very promising start. 那可不是个理想的开头。
Queen Elizabeth: No. No, look, my husband has seen everyone. 不,不,听我说,我丈夫已经找遍了所有人。
------>> To no avail. I'm awfully afraid he's given up hope. 毫无效果。我担心他已经快绝望了。
Lionel Logue: He hasn't seen me. 他还没见过我。
Queen Elizabeth: Awfully sure of yourself. 您真有自信。
Lionel Logue: Well, I'm sure of anyone who wants to be cured. 我对任何想被治好的人都有信心。
Queen Elizabeth: Of course he wants to be cured. 他当然想被治好。
------>> My husband is, um... 我丈夫他,呃……
------>> Well, he's required to speak publicly. 他必须在公众面前讲话。
Lionel Logue: Perhaps he should change jobs. 那他也许该换份工作。
Queen Elizabeth: He can't. 他不能。
Lionel Logue: Indentured servitude? 奴役契约?
Queen Elizabeth: Something of that nature, yes. 差不多是那样的吧。
Lionel Logue: Well, we need to have your hubby pop by. 那就请您丈夫亲自来一趟。
------>> Tuesday would be good. 周二合适。
------>> He can give me his personal details, I'll make a frank appraisal 他可以告诉我一些个人信息,我会做出坦率的评估,
------>> and then we'll take it from there. 然后我们再决定下一步。
Queen Elizabeth: Doctor, forgive me. 医生,恕我直言。
------>> I don't have a “hubby.” 我没有“老公”这种说法。
------>> We don't “pop.” 我们不“随便跑来跑去”。
------>> And nor do we ever talk about our private lives. 也从不谈论私事。
------>> No, you must come to us. 不,您必须来我们那里。
Lionel Logue: I'm sorry, Mrs. Johnson, 抱歉,约翰逊太太,
------>> My game, my turf, my rules. 这是我的地盘,我说了算。
------>> You'll have to talk this over with your husband, and then you can speak to me on the telephone. 您得和您丈夫好好商量,然后再打电话给我。
------>> Thank you very much for dropping by. Good afternoon. 感谢光临,午安。
Queen Elizabeth: And what if my husband were the Duke of York? 如果我丈夫是约克公爵呢?
Lionel Logue: The Duke of York? 约克公爵?
Queen Elizabeth: Yes. The Duke of York. 是的,约克公爵。
Lionel Logue: I thought the appointment was for Johnson. Forgive me, Your... 我以为约的是“约翰逊”。恕我无礼,殿下……
Queen Elizabeth: Royal Highness. 殿下。
Lionel Logue: ...Royal Highness. 殿下。
------>> Yes, Johnson was used during the Great War, 是的,“约翰逊”是在大战期间用的假名,
------>> when the Navy didn't want the enemy to know he was aboard. 当时海军不想让敌人知道他也在船上。
Lionel Logue: Am I considered the enemy? 我被视为敌人吗?
Queen Elizabeth: You will be, if you remain un-obliging. 如果你还这么不配合,那你就是。
------>> You'll appreciate the need for absolute discretion. 希望你能明白我们对绝对保密的需求。
Lionel Logue: Of course. 当然。

作者: owenlee    时间: 2025-5-7 11:16

英语学习知识点解析1. 词汇彩蛋:阶级差异藏进单词里2. 发音技巧:连读与弱读的实战示范3. 文化梗:莎士比亚与王室潜台词4. 委婉艺术:如何优雅地威胁
重点词汇解析:Indentured servitude & To no avail
——用《国王的演讲》片段解锁高阶表达——

1. Indentured servitude
直译:契约奴役
深层含义
电影场景
莱纳尔调侃乔治六世:“Indentured servitude?”(签了卖身契?)
→ 表面玩笑,实则讽刺王室身份如同枷锁。
学习要点
记忆技巧
联想《加勒比海盗》中殖民者“卖身还债”情节 + 当代“996是福报”的黑色幽默。

2. To no avail
直译:毫无成效
深层含义
电影场景
王后:“My husband has seen everyone. To no avail.”
→ 所有名医都治不好国王的口吃,暗含绝望与挫败。
学习要点
实用场景
发音技巧

影视金句应用对比[td]
短语正式场合(商务邮件)非正式场合(朋友吐槽)
Indentured servitudeThe contract resembles indentured servitude.This internship is basically indentured servitude!
To no availEfforts to resolve the issue were to no avail.I texted him 10 times, but to no avail!


趣味练习

文化冷知识

掌握这两个短语,你不仅能听懂《国王的演讲》的弦外之音,更能用历史感词汇让日常英语瞬间高级!试着下次汇报时说“Our strategies, though well-intended, proved to no avail”,老板绝对瞳孔地震!





欢迎光临 影视英语角 (https://www.91talk.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.4