主题

帖子

152万

积分

管理员

积分
发表于 2019-6-18 15:48:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Pride-and-Prejudice.jpg

电影《傲慢与偏见》讲述了乡绅班纳特的太太,整日操心五个女儿婚事,并最终将三个年长的女儿顺利出嫁的故事,其中以二女儿伊丽莎白和达西先生的爱情为主线,描述了一对因傲慢与偏见而差点错失良缘的喜剧,这也是影片和书籍的名称来由。傲慢与偏见作为英国文学巨制,其无改编的电影自然少不了很多经典的台词和出彩的对白。在这里列举一段经典对白以飨读者:

场景一:柯林斯先生求婚被拒(这场荒唐的求婚将柯林斯先生的荒唐、迂腐、假仁假义及不可理喻展现到极致,而伊丽莎白的强烈拒绝与当机立断更体现了她的智慧与追求。)

Mr. Collins:Dear Miss Elizabeth, My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken. Almost as soon as I entered the house, I singled you out as the companion of my future life. But before I am run away with my feelings, perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.(亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐,我发现我的感觉很强烈, 绝不会错的。 打从我一进这个家门开始,就特别选中你做我的终身伴侣。但是在我失去理性之前,或许我应该表明我要结婚的理由,)

Miss Elizabeth:(打断)Mr.~~

Mr. Collins:Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman to set the example of matrimony in his parish. Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness. And thirdly, that it is at the urging of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine, that I select a wife. My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one from among Mr Bennet's daughters, for I am to inherit the estate,and such an alliance will surely... ...suit everyone. ... And now nothingremains but for me to assure you in the most animated language of the violenceof my affections.

(第一, 在教区里树立一个婚姻的典范是身为一个牧师的责任; 第二, 我相信这会让我非常幸福;而第三, 我的赞助者凯瑟琳女士,她极力的主张我能找一个对象结婚。我来龙柏园的目的,就是要在贝纳先生的女儿中间挑选这样一位女孩。由于我将继承这个庄园, 我相信这样的结合...对大家都很合适…现在唯一剩下的--就是以我最热切的言语来像你诉说... 我对你澎湃的感情…)

Miss Elizabeth:Mr Collins!(柯林斯先生!)

Mr. Collins:And no reproach on the subject of fortune will cross my lips once we're married.(对于财产的事一旦我们结婚,我会绝口不提 )

Miss Elizabeth :You are too hasty. You forget I have given no answer. (你太性急了,你忘了我都还没回答你呢)

Mr. Collins:I must add… add that Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities. (当我向凯瑟琳女士表达你的谦逊, 节俭, 还有其它美德的时候,她会完全支持我的。)

Miss Elizabeth :Sir, I am honoured by your proposal, but I regret that I must decline it. (先生,对于你的提议我感到相当荣幸, 但遗憾的是我必须拒绝你。)

Mr. Collins:I know ladies don't seek to seem too eager...(我知道女孩都比较含蓄...)

Miss Elizabeth :Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious. You could not make me happy. And I'm the last woman in the world who could make you happy. (柯林斯先生, 我是很认真的 你没办法让我快乐,而我绝对不可能是能让你快乐的女人!)

Mr. Collins:I flatter myself that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.Besides, despite manifold attractions, it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you. (我认为你的拒绝只是一个直觉的反应,再说, 撇开种种的吸引力不谈, 你可能再也没有这么好条件的对象 向你求婚了)

Miss Elizabeth:Mr. Collins!!!

Mr. Collins:I must conclude that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,

(我的结论是你只是欲擒故纵 藉以加深我对你的爱)

Miss Elizabeth:Sir!!!

Mr. Collins:According to the usual practice of elegant females. (这是优雅女性的惯用手段)

Miss Elizabeth:Sir!!! I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man. Please understand me, I cannot accept you. (我不是那种 会折磨一位可敬的男性的女性,请谅解我无法接受你)

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

影视新人

积分
发表于 2021-5-22 18:22:19 | 显示全部楼层
And now nothingremains but for me to assure you in the most animated language of the violenceof my affections.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

在线客服
QQ:137000528 周一至周日:09:00 - 21:00
俱乐部地址:北京市朝阳区朝阳路71号锐城国际

影视英语角眼于语言实际应用能力,融汇先进务实的教学方法和时尚前沿的科技理念,整合听觉、视觉、情景交流与快速阅读四大功能,从多个维度帮助英语学习者全面提升听、说、读、写各项技能。

技术支持: Owen Lee  @ 英语我帮您© 2013-2019 影视英语角

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|有奖任务|影视英语角 ( 京ICP备17000586号-3 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 03:55 , Processed in 0.059205 second(s), 33 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表